It’s been another 6 Spots! Here are my choices from least favorite to ‘you have to go there right now’:
12. Tal-Y-Tara Tea & Polo Shoppe, San Francisco – Outright rude and has no business being a tea house.
11. Secret Garden Tea House, San Francisco – Filthy place with yummy scones.
10. Linde Lane Tea Room, Dixon – Snooty but pretty with fun sorbet intro.
9. Lovejoy’s Tea Room, San Francisco – Pretentious area with spectacular Black Vanilla tea.
8. Quail & Thistle Tea Room, Capitola – Adorable building with overwhelming all-in-one plate.
7. Afternoon Tea at The Ritz, San Francisco – A definite must-experience with exceptional service.
6. The Palace Hotel Garden Court, San Francisco – Breathtaking surroundings and flawless food.
5. Camellia Tea Room, Benicia – Impeccable service and an all-around wonderful time.
4. Lisa’s Tea Treasures, Los Altos – Like going to your sister’s house and having delicious food + tea.
3. Crown & Crumpet Tea Stop Café, San Francisco – Unforgettable crumpets and scrumptious tea sandwiches.
2. Dartealing Lounge, San Francisco – Best sandwiches and cutest ambiance.
1. The English Rose Tea Room, Pleasanton – A hundred delectable teas and textbook shabby chic décor.