We started with a dozen Spots. I added a dozen more. One closed down…we missed one…I went to two surprise Spots… Aaaand, we ended up with 23. So- here it is folks!! TWENTY-THREE Bay (and over) Area Tea Houses + Tea Rooms, that parTEA with me visited + reviewed for you so you don’t have to = all in one easy-peasy handy-dandy LIST!!!
Starting with: don’t ever step foot in there to make your reservations yesterday!
23. Tal-Y-Tara Tea & Polo Shoppe, San Francisco – Outright rude and has no business being a tea house.
22. Secret Garden Tea House, San Francisco – Filthy place with yummy scones.
21. Tea Time, Palo Alto – Awkward dirty café that left me thirsty.
20. The Golden Tea Garden, Hayward – Bad-mannered + arrogant owner with dollar store décor + tea.
19. Leland Tea Company, Burlingame – A café that serves food you can make yourself at home + buy yourself from shelves, on 3 tiers.
18. Linde Lane Tea Room, Dixon – Snooty but pretty with fun sorbet intro.
17. Lovejoy’s Tea Room, San Francisco – Pretentious area with spectacular Black Vanilla tea.
16. Quail & Thistle Tea Room, Capitola – Adorable building with overwhelming all-in-one plate.
15. The Rotunda at Neiman Marcus, San Francisco – Matter-of-fact service and expensive teeny tasteless food.
14. Satori Tea Company, San Jose – Interesting + eclectic, rum butter crumpets, and purple tea.
13. Afternoon Tea at The Ritz, San Francisco – A definite must-experience with exceptional service.
12. Afternoon Tea at The Fairmont, San Francisco – Complex + unique flavors that just work, and a have-to-have pear compote.
11. The Palace Garden Court, San Francisco – Breathtaking surroundings and flawless food.
10. Lovey’s Tea Shoppe, Pacifica – Black Vanilla with Lavender tea, asparagus sandwich, and sweet staff.
9. Camellia Tea Room, Benicia – Impeccable service and an all-around wonderful time.
8. Lisa’s Tea Treasures, Los Altos – Like going to your sister’s house and having delicious tea.
7. Crown & Crumpet Tea Stop Café, San Francisco – Unforgettable crumpets and scrumptious tea sandwiches.
6. Tal’s Patisserie, Danville – Best rustic tea meal for a bread-lover, with best store-bought tea.
5. Pardee Home, Oakland – A tour in a tour that will feed you until satisfaction and the definition of ‘cuteness overload’.
4. Dartealing Lounge, San Francisco – Best sandwiches and cutest ambiance.
3. The White Hart Tea Room, Pacific Grove – Really like going to someone’s house for tea (cuz you are), and having true homemade food (cuz you are!).
2. The English Rose Tea Room, Pleasanton – A hundred delectable teas and textbook shabby chic décor.
1. Tyme for Tea & Co., Fremont – The perfect tea house, with perfect food, perfect tea, and perfect service.